War of Xodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

War of Xodus Guide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

War of Xodus Guide Empty
PostSubject: War of Xodus Guide   War of Xodus Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:21 pm

War of Xodus Basic Guide

So this is guide to basics of gameplay. This game is pretty simple once you get the whole picture of it and i promise you, fun is guarantied. I ll divide this Guide on chapters so that way it will be much easier for all of you to manage.

Chapters:

1. Main Goal
2. Beginning and general informations
3. Races
4. Attacking and Defending army
5. Incomers
6. Main Middle Lane (MML)
7. Primary Lanes
8. Training Grounds
9. Towers
10. Heroes
11. Gatekeepers
12. Fountains of Life
13. Items

Before we begin here is the picture of the Map:

War of Xodus Guide Picture1pp

And another one:

War of Xodus Guide Picture12n

And this picture with circle markings on it will help us to define some specific places easier:

War of Xodus Guide Picture2mi

1. Main Goal

Ok i think we can start now with our Main Goal. As you can see, map is divided for West and East team. Each team has exactly the same organization of buildings and strategy so i will explain basics only for West team. As many of you are probably assuming, main goal is to destroy something or somebody. Very Happy
In this case, you and your team will have to destroy Fountains of Life which are placed at the positions marked with green circles. So let that be our main goal for now. ^^

2. Beginning and general informations

Well, at the beginning of the every game you ll be given a choice between 3 races to choose. You can notice start positions for each player at the picture 1. Once you have chosen your race, you ll get your Main Building to train your workers, 2 Barracks to train your warriors and Altar which of course, trains Heroes.
Furthermore, this is a round game where each round lasts for 3 minutes.

3. Races

There are 3 Races for now: Alliance, Horde and Night Elves. Each Race is carefully balanced with program which i have developed so i am sure u wont have any problems to start with any Race you want Smile
But i can tell you one thing, Alliance and Night Elves are races which don't count just on raw power like Horde does.
And i assume i can tell you another thing - 4th Race which i will present to you in next version is neither more nor less but almighty - Burning Legion. ^^

4. Attacking and Defending army

Each player has 2 lanes about which he has to care about. One lane which he will defend and one lane which he will attack.
As i already told you, once after you choose your race you ll get 2 barracks near your Main Building. 1 barracks will train your Defending Army and other one will train your Attacking Army.
At the start of each round (every 3 minutes), army trained from Defending Barracks will be spawned at the beginning of your lane to protect it, and logically, army trained from Attacking Barracks will be spawned to attack your enemy.

! What is important for you to understand, is the thing you DON'T have to recreate your army for each round! But what you can do, is that you can sell your warriors, upgrade them, or train more of them. Its up to you and your team.

At the next picture, you can see path of army for each player. I marked trail for defending army with thicker arrows. Once Defending Army reaches end of the lane they will teleport to Main Buildings to defend them from any leaks from other lanes.

War of Xodus Guide Picture3j

As you can see, through out whole game Red Player will fight versus Yellow player and so on.

5. Incomers

Incomers are special units that will raise your gold income which will be given to you each round. As you can see on the next picture i have trained 5 wolfs. Each wolf raised my income for 13 gold. So, if i have 5 wolfs that is (5x13) = 65 gold income per round.

War of Xodus Guide Picture4hq

But before the start of the round i will train some more Incomers. As you have probably noticed, once they are trained they will wait the beginning of the next round at Training grounds which are marked with blue circles at 1st picture.

Once the round starts they will be spawned at the one end of the Main Middle Lane (MML) and head to the other end. Somewhere on the middle of the lane they will engage enemy's incomers as you can see on the next picture:

War of Xodus Guide Picture5jw

Once they have defeated enemy they will procide to the end of the lane where they will wait the beginning of the next round:

War of Xodus Guide Picture6u

At the start of the next round they will be spawned randomly at enemy lanes to help your Attacking Army in assaulting enemy. In this case my Incomer army have been divided on 2 lanes as you can see on minimap on next pictures (also notice that another group of incomers are going to engage themselves on MML):

War of Xodus Guide Picture7rv

War of Xodus Guide Picture8k

One more important thing about Incomers is that there are 2 kinds of them:

- Basic Incomers

and

- Advanced Incomers

Basic Incomers will give you more income but they don't have any kind of special abilities which are very useful in huge battles. On the other hand, Advanced Incomers are full of special abilities but will give you less income instead. And again, its up to you and your Team to think about best strategy ^^

6. Main Middle Lane (MML)

I think i told you almost everything important that you need to know about mml. But i didnt tell you that you can teleport your Heroes to mml from your team's Camp portals. Those Camps are marked with orange circles. That way you can boost the power of your army on mml and help them in battle. Also, you can go with your Hero to the end of the lane from where it will be teleported to random enemy lane. That's it about mml. ^^

7. Primary Lanes

Every player has its own lane which he will have to defend and one lane which he will attack. Take a look at the next picture:

War of Xodus Guide Picture9ld

At lane 1 Red player defends - Yellow attacks

At lane 2 Blue player defends - Orange attacks

At lane 3 Teal player defends - Green attacks

At lane 4 Yellow player defends - Red attacks

At lane 5 Orange player defends - Blue attacks

At lane 6 Green player defends - Teal attacks
The actual way for each army is shown on one of the pictures before with many arrows on it xd (picture from attacking and defending army category)

8. Training Grounds

War of Xodus Guide Picture10ox

This is place marked with orange circle on the 1st picture. There you can train your incomers. Notice that there are 2 mercenary camps (smaller and bigger) for each player. Smaller trains Basic incomers and the other one trains Advanced incomers. Incomers are not controllable by players but will keep the original color of the player who bought them. Once again, Incomers will wait the beginning of the next round there to teleport on the MML.

9. Towers

War of Xodus Guide Picture11aw

Every player has its own set of Lane towers which are just additional defense to the lane. But towers can be upgraded in 4 ways. If, for example, enemy trains much siege units with fortified armor, you will upgrade your towers to have siege attack and so on.
Every kind of tower has 7 levels and can be degraded to another tower with another attack. Once they are destroyed they can't be rebuild.

10. Heroes

Every race has 3 Heroes, but only 1 can be chosen. For now i took 3 Heroes from each race and balanced them. Max level is 20. Every Hero has standard set of spells (4 4 4 2) and 6 levels of status which will give you +3 to all stats.
Remember, once your Hero dies, you will have to revive him manually, which costs gold and time. Maximum reviving time is 90 seconds and 400 gold. So, at 10th level its 45 seconds and 200 gold. And so on.

11. Gatekeepers

War of Xodus Guide Picture13i

Gatekeepers are special Hero units, controlled by AI, which are spawned every two round on MML. So, every 2nd round they will spawn at the MML with your incomers to help them in their battle. They don't have any special abilities but can be upgraded in several ways (hp boost, attack boost, regeneration boost and armor boost). Once enemy's Gatekeeper dies it will give you small bounty.
Every player has its own Gatekeeper. Gatekeepers, or Portalists, are upgraded from the buildings which are shown in next pictures:

For West Team Gatekeepers from these buildings:

War of Xodus Guide Picture14x

And for East Team Gatekeepers from these buildings:

War of Xodus Guide Picture15s

12. Fountains of Life

War of Xodus Guide Picture16iz

So these are your team's main buildings. Each player has its own Fountain which is controllable by real player. As you probably assume, these Fountains can be upgraded from the same buildings where you upgrade your Gatekeepers. Once you destroy all 3 fountains of your enemy, your team is victorious and vice versa.

13. Items

You can buy items from merchants at your Team's square. I won't enter any details and i won't describe every item because this is basic tutorial. So, you can simply download map and read description for each item by yourself ^^

There are 2 types of items:

- Basic items

and

- Recipes

Simply, recipes are items which need 2-3 basic items. Those few items will then combine in one special item, providing you with more space in your inventory, and off course, with some special abilities for your Hero.

Some useful tips

There are few ways how you gain ressources. You gain gold by last hitting enemy units, so don't scruple nuking them with your spells. Another way of gaining gold is through your Income per round. And last way is to wait every 2nd round to gain gold from your computer ally.

Wood is gained only through bounty from killing Gatekeepers and lumbering.

Fog of war will be turned off by default, but Red player can type -fog on in any time to place black mask over enemy half of map and vice versa.

Conclusion

So, here are basics for the WoX gameplay, hope you had no problems understanding any aspect of the game, but if u had or you have, feel free to give me a feedback or ask me anything you want to know. And girls and guys, stay sharp and tuned, learn basics, invite your friends to this forum, play the game, and enjoy wonderful world of warcraft Smile
Back to top Go down
https://warofxodus.board-directory.net
Cronix
First member
First member
Cronix

War of Xodus Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Xodus Guide   War of Xodus Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi, guess i am first one to come and see.. This idea seems great.
I just read through this guide and i see some great potential Very Happy ..
You shoud just post the link to this forum on sites like Hive or WC3 Campaigns, so people join and comment..
Can't wait to test this Very Happy hope you publish it soon
Good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

War of Xodus Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Xodus Guide   War of Xodus Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Well, thank you for your feedback, im sure u ll like the game once its released ^^
Back to top Go down
https://warofxodus.board-directory.net
Sponsored content

War of Xodus Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Xodus Guide   War of Xodus Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War of Xodus Guide
Page 1 of 1